24/7 Online Technical Support for You
Correct operation, reasonable and regular maintenance, accurate and timely judgment and elimination of possible faults are very important for jaw crusher operation. Here we will check eight common faults and solutions in the operation of jaw crusher.
1. When the jaw crusher is idling, the metal impact sound appears at the lower part.
It may be due to the following three reasons:
(1) The impact sound between the movable jaw and the fixed jaw tooth plate of the jaw crusher is caused by that the discharge opening is too small, it should be adjusted in time.
(2) The impact sound in the thrust plate support or the gasket adjusting device is generally caused by the elastic loss or damage of the pull rod buffer spring, or the spring is not pressed tightly to cause rotation. When the movable jaw plate, elbow plate and jaw crusher body are not tightly combined, which makes the elbow head and the supports at both ends collide, or the adjusting gaskets collide with each other, the compression nut shall be tightened in time until the impact sound disappears.
(3) The bracket support slider is seriously worn or loose, and the elbow head is seriously worn, which should be replaced in time.
2. There is metal impact sound and lining plate shaking when the jaw crusher is working.
This problem is often caused by loose side lining plate and toothed plate (moving and fixed) of crushing chamber, or loosening and fracture of fastening screws, which should be tightened or replaced in time.
3. Frequent fracture of the rear elbow plate.
Because the back bracket of jaw crusher not only has the function of transmission, but also plays the role of safety with the characteristics of low strength. Because the strength of the middle part of the jaw crusher elbow is too low, its own strength can’t offset the crushing force produced by crushing ore.
The reason is that the tension rod spring pressure of the rear elbow is too large, and the excessive crushing force may cause the overload and fracture of the rear elbow plate. In order to solve this problem, it is necessary to adjust the pressure strength of the spring according to the production situation.
4. The flywheel rotates, which makes the crusher unable to operate normally.
This problem is caused by the pull rod and pull rod spring of jaw crusher are damaged. At the same time, if the elbow plate has been detached from the support slider, the lining plate may break or even fall off, and jaw crusher will be unable to run normally.
Repair and treatment should be carried out according to different problems, for example, the elbow plate is broken, the pull rod or pull rod spring is damaged, and the elbow plate slips due to pull rod nut tripping, replacement should be done in time. The production can be continued only after inspection and test.
5. The flywheel swings obviously or the eccentric shaft changes slowly.
This situation is mostly caused by belt pulley or flywheel key damaged or loose. As a result, the rotation of the wheel and shaft is not synchronous. If the problem is found, tighten or replace the relevant parts of jaw crusher.
6. The product granularity is not consistent with the production requirements (coarsening).
This problem is mostly caused by the serious wear of jaw crushing plate lining. In order to solve this problem, it is necessary to change the tooth adjusting plate up and down, or to replace the lining plate, and adjust the ore discharge port to meet the required size.
7. The bearing temperature exceeds the allowable temperature and the return oil temperature exceeds 60 ℃.
The problem may be caused that the bearing bush is pressed too tightly, and the amount of pressing degree of the bearing bush can be adjusted by the gasket. Or the lubricating oil is insufficient, the lubricating oil circuit is blocked, and the lubricating oil is dirty. At this time, the lubricating oil quantity shall be increased, the oil pipe shall be cleaned and the lubricating oil shall be replaced.
8. The oil flow indicator shows that the oil is cut off.
The oil pump may be in failure. The oil pump should be repaired or replaced. In winter, if the oil temperature is too low, the oil can be heated to ensure normal lubrication for jaw crusher.